A Morbid Taste for Bones - Ellis Peters

68%
28.10.15

I don't know how I've managed to avoid reading a Cadfael mystery until now - perhaps I thought I already had as my mum still has numerous copies and of course it's impossible not to picture Derek Jacobi with a tonsure. Perhaps they're a little outdated now - short on introspection and graphic unpleasantness and long on entertaining, well-researched, character-driven stories. I read it in about 3 sittings and have already got the next from the library.

1 comment:

  1. Sunday nights with Derek Jacobi... there's some happy memories. Like your mother, my parents read the lot and therefore I haven't read any. Maybe I should... xxx

    P.s. I'm all for no graphic unpleasantness, especially of the completely gratuitous contemporary kind.

    ReplyDelete