The Extraordinaries - TJ Klune

57%

15.04.24

This story, while funny and gloriously queer, featured one of the most irritating protagonists I've ever encountered. Why two hot guys were literally fighting over this self-obsessed, excruciatingly slow-on-the-uptake 16-year-old-who-behaved-like-a-10-year-old*, I had no idea. And the true secret identities were so obvious from almost the start that the 'great revelation' towards the end was more of a 'well, duh!', along with another twist that was basically spelled out which will be properly revealed in Book 2. Still, it was fun. (And I'd already bought Book 2 when it was offer so I might as well read it.)

*This aspect was particularly annoying. I know plenty of 16-year-olds and, yes, they're still children, but they try very hard not to behave like children. I also know people with ADHD and they don't behave like children either. Neither being a teenager nor ADHD are developmental limiters - quite the opposite, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment