Geekhood - Andy Robb

57%
08.06.12

Andy Robb seems like a thoroughly nice bloke. Not that I've met him but we've chatted on Twitter, which is what passes for real life these days. His outlook is reflected in this rather sweet story of teenage angst, which at times is reminiscent of the wonderful Louise Rennison in its awkward situations, embarrassing adult figures and total absence of sex and drugs and all those other exciting things young people are supposed to do but that us squares (I wasn't even cool enough to be a geek) never got round to doing. And if I'd have known the intricate skill involved in painting a fantasy figure, I wouldn't have given my brother such a hard time about his "little men". Well, actually, of course I would have done - that's teens for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment